Saturday, March 26, 2011

Going Critical, Nuclear Power / Coal

Going Critical ---follow this link, it is good!

The above link "Going Critical" will take you to George Monbiot's web site. I recommend you read it. He has recently been on CBC radio and I liked his argument for Nuclear Power and agree with it also. He notes that more radiation is given off from coal production which is true and also notes that even an old bad designed nuclear site in Japan gets hit with one of the world’s largest earthquakes and one of the world’s largest Tsunami ever, yes there are issue, however compared to fossil fuels it is not anywhere close to being as deadly.

I have recently been doing work for coal mines and I have within the last year or so done some indirect work for the nuclear industry. For the coal mines we help with transfer chutes and other areas, for the nuclear industry we have done some structural and lifting device engineering related to the fuel cell production.

I also recommend you go back and read some of his other articals. Again agree with all I have seen so far. "Atomised" is also a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment